The following events have been promoted by companies affiliated with the Diversity Business Resource Center. For questions about a particular event, please email or call the contact listed on its flyer. If you would like to list your own event in this area, please email Judy McNeil, the Diversity Business Resource Center’s Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- AARP Work for Yourself@50+ A program specifically designed to help people 50 and older learn about what it takes to be successfully self-employed in today’s economy. Interactive workshops: Monday, November 6, 2017 at Riverside Center for Innovation OR Tuesday, December 5, 2017 Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh – Hill District. All events run from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Registration is $15 and includes a 72 page workbook and resource guide. Phone: (412) 396 – 1633 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Register at www.sbdc.duq.edu/events.
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) Presentation – Massive Tunnel to Reduce Combined Sewer Overflows – Columbus Intercepting Sewer OSIS Augmentation Relief Sewer (OARS) at noon on Tuesday, October 10, at the Engineers Society of Western Pennsylvania. Please register for this event on the Post’s new SAME hosted website at http://www.same.org/pittsburgh.
- Urban Redevelopment Authority Pre-Proposal Conference Larimer School. Date: Thursday, October 12, 2017 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Location: 540 Larimer Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15206 The Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh is seeking proposals from professional architectural, engineering, or other qualified firms to develop a Historic Structure Report and create a preliminary treatment plan for the former Larimer School in the Larimer neighborhood in the City of Pittsburgh. Representatives from the URA will be available to speak with interested firms about the request for proposals and scope of work. The proposal can be downloaded at: http://bit.ly/larimerschoolrfp. RFP is due November 8 at 12 p.m. For more information, visit www.ura.org. RSVP to Julie Edwards at email@example.com.
- SAME Federal Small Business Conference – November 15-17, 2017 at the David Lawrence Convention Center. Ideas, networking, and information on A/E/C Small Business procurement opportunities. Gain intelligence on the best teaming partners and mentors for your business to succeed.
- GACO – 30th Annual Procurement Opportunities Fair – Oct. 25, 2017. Assists businesses interested in pursuing government contracts and subcontracts. DoubleTree by Hilton Washington, Pa. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 340 Racetrack Road, Washington, PA 15301. – October 25
- Small Business Resource Fair. October is Cooperatives Month! One Hope Square, 1901 Centre Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15219. Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:30-6:30 pm. Contact Ellen Bateman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Free to Attend! RSVP on Eventbrite HERE – October 12
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh: “Downtown and Business” BOOK A LIBRARIAN: One-on-One Sessions the 4th Tuesday of each Month, 10:00am – 6:00pm, DBRC Suite 510 – Fifth Floor. Learn More About Library Resources for Businesses, Market Research & Competition Lists – Databases, Business Planning Services, & Assistance to Library Cardholders. To register for an appointment call: 412.281.7141 or email: email@example.com.
- Pittsburgh Chamber of Cooperatives: Think Outside the Boss. The Pittsburgh Chamber of Cooperatives is the region’s hands-on resource for worker owned and member-owned business. Learn and help build the cooperative economy in our region!
WORKSHOP #1 SEPT 23 2017 – 10 AM 12 PM MEET FELLOW COOPERATORS! THE SHOP 621 N. DALLAS AVENUE Pittsburgh 15208 WHY go co-op? WHAT’s a co-op business? HOW is it better? WHO works in co-ops now?
WORKSHOP #2 OCT 21 2017 – 10 AM to 2 PM DIG IN! HOMEWOOD LIBRARY 7101 HAMILTON AVENUE Pittsburgh15208 LET’S GET STARTED. HOW will your business run differently? WHAT about finance? HOW are decisions made and still enable businesses to run efficiently? We’ll SHOW YOU. A cooperative isn’t a charity, or any easier than ordinary businesses, but it works out better for you in the long run.
WORKSHOP #3 NOV 16-18, 2017 – PITTSBURGH COOPERATES! A weekend of events with Jessica Gordon Nembhart, author of Collective Courage, a study of Black cooperatives in Black history and in American cooperative history overall. Join us for a public talk and reception, plus small group consultations! See our web site for the detailed schedule. Pittsburgh Chamber of Cooperatives: PO BOX 81575 Pittsburgh, PA 15217 (412) 606-1607. www.PittsburghChamber.coop
- Tech Talk Workshop – Comcast. Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:30am – 1:00pm, Complimentary Lunch Provided. Riverside Center for Innovation – First Floor Conference Room. Please RSVP by September 29. Presented By Debbie Powers, Director SMB Outside Sales Comcast Business Services/Keystone Region. Please register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tech-talk-tickets-37912084064.
- Mascaro Construction Workshop for Contractors Thursday, September 28, 2017 10:00am at the Riverside Center for Innovation – First Floor Conference Room. Please RSVP by September 25. Presented By Jessica Ramsey, Mascaro Construction Company, LP. Please register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/constructionworkshop-for-contractors-tickets-37857584053
- SMC Business Councils Government Advocacy. SMC ANNUAL LEGISLATIVE RECEPTION & SMALL BUSINESS ISSUES FORUM. Meet, Mingle & Network with Elected Officials & Fellow Business Leaders. September 28, 2017 The Rivers Club • Downtown Pittsburgh Small Business Issues Forum 5:00 – 6:00 pm, Cocktail Reception 6:00 – 8:00 pm. RSVP at this link.
- MWBE Kickoff for the Kelly Hamilton Construction Project. September 14, 2017 6:00pm-8:00pm at the Community Empowerment Association, 7120 Kelly Street Pittsburgh, Pa 15208. Business Sessions September 19th and 20th 6:00pm-8:00pm (covering: prevailing wage, LCP Tracker Insurance, certifications, and estimating). Business sessions are MANDATORY for subcontractors without experience working on federal contract projects. RSVP by 9/13/17 by calling KBK Foundation 412.363.4401 or email MWBE@kbkfoundation.org. Contact CEA with questions 412.371.3689. – September 14, 19, 20
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) Pittsburgh Post 2017 Annual Sustaining Member and Small Business Workshop. Tuesday, September 12th, 2017 at 7:30am – 11:30am. Location: Engineers Society of Western Pennsylvania, 337 Fourth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA. For questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org. – September 12
- 2017 Allegheny County MWDBE Open House Invitation. Department of Minority, Women and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, in conjunction with the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission, invite you to attend our annual Open House. This event is scheduled for 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 21, 2017 in the North Room of Two Chatham Center, Suite 400, 112 Washington Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219. We have planned an exciting evening of activities and refreshments will be provided. Space will be limited, RSVP options: on the Facebook event page: https://goo.gl/JfhVQX • emailing your RSVP to RSVP-MBE@alleghenycounty.us • calling (412) 350-4309. If you RSVP to the Facebook event and “like” our Facebook page you will be entered into a drawing to win a prize! Please contact us with any questions about the event via Facebook message, email or phone. – September 21
- Small Business Resource Fair. South Side Market House 202 Bedford Sq Pittsburgh, PA 15203. Wednesday, September 6, 2017 4:30-7:00 pm. Contact Ellen Bateman at email@example.com for more information. Register: http://tinyurl.com/y6v9xtr9 – September 6
- DB SSC Small Business Conference Wednesday, September 20, 2017 Riverside Center for Innovation 700 River Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15121 8 AM to 4 PM. *REGISTRATION REQUIRED-Register HERE – September 6
- Society of American Military Engineers 2017 ANNUAL SUSTAINING MEMBER AND SMALL BUSINESS WORKSHOP Register today! http://groupspaces.com/same-pgh. When: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 (7:30 AM-11:30 AM) Where: Engineers Society of Western PA, 337 Fourth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA Cost: $25 SAME Members, $35 Non-Members, $10 SAME Young Members. – September 12
- Doing Business With The Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh “Instructional Workshop” Thursday, August 24, 2017 – 5:30pm. Please register online by August 22 (see link). Riverside Center for Innovation – First Floor Conference Room – August 24
- Small Business “Management Education Series” Presented By Woodforest National Bank Wednesday, August 23 Workshop Session #5 (final): Tax Planning & Selling/Succession Planning. 11:30am – 1:00pm. Workshop is free of charge & held at Riverside Center for Innovation First Floor Conference Room 700 River Avenue – Pittsburgh, PA 15212. Register online, see link – August 23
- Informational Legal Workshop for the Small Business Thursday, August 17, 2017 5:30PM LOCATION – RIVERSIDE CENTER FOR INNOVATION – FIRST FLOOR Please register by August 15 Presented by Joshua Ciccone Elliot & Davis, PC. – August 17
- MWBE Meet & Greet Networking Event Friday, hosted by the URA. August 11, 2017 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. 200 Ross Street 13th Floor – Wherrett Room Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – August 11
- Access To Capital Workshop Presented by Bridgeway Capital Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:30pm. Please RSVP By August 21
Riverside Center for Innovation – First Floor Conference Room – August 23
- “Accounting Tips for the Small Business” Thursday, August 3, 2017 5:30pm Riverside Center for Innovation – First Floor Conference Room Please RSVP by August 1. Please register at: http://tinyurl.com/dbrc-aug3 – August 3
- BizFIT Bonding Contractor’s Program every Tuesday August 1st – September 19th, 5:30 – 8pm. Riverside Center for Innovation Main Conference Room. 700 River Ave. Pittsburgh, Pa 15212. *Must Attend All 8 Classes* Enroll now at http://tinyurl.com/bizfit-bonding – August 1-September 19
- Federal Government Contracting Seminar for Veteran-Owned Businesses August 8, 2017 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. VA Butler Healthcare 325 New Castle Road Butler, PA 16001 Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. – August 8
- Export Basics Workshop at the SBDC at Duquesne University Tuesday, August 3rd 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Rockwell Hall Room 108, 600 Forbes Ave Room, Pittsburgh, Pa 15282. Register and pay online – August 3rd
- IRS Stakeholder Liaison Regional Small Business Forum Sponsor: Internal Revenue Service Mid-Atlantic Area Stakeholder Liaison Office Friday, July 21, 2017 Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. https://meetings-external.irs.gov/orion/joinmeeting.do?MK=994803638 – July 21
- Center for Women’s Entrepreneurship Member Happy Hour Wed, July 19, 5-7pm. AT DREADNOUGHT WINES
Wed, July 19, 5-7pm. Log in to register- July 19
OPEN HOUSE AT THE ENTREPRENEURSHIP HUB Mon, August 7, 5:30-7pm. Chatham Eastside, 2nd Floor, 6585 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15206. Come network with participants, members, facilitators, and staff and learn more about the Center for Women’s Entrepreneurship, Chatham’s Women’s Business Center, and our programs and events for women entrepreneurs. – August 7
- Internal Revenue Service Regional Small Business Forum Presented by the Internal Revenue Service Stakeholder Liaison Office on Friday, July 21, 2017 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.Register: in Western PA – Philip Yamalis, firstname.lastname@example.org 412-404-9155- July 21
- Allegheny Lead Safe Homes Program Contractor Training Program Information Session Thursday, July 27th at 10:00 a.m. Where: Hosanna House, Inc. 807 Wallace Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15221 * Please RSVP by calling 412-350-1032 or emailing email@example.com – July 27
- Duquesne University SBDC Workshop – Exit Planning for Your Business. September 29, 2017. 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Duquesne University Rockwell Hall Room 108, 600 Forbes Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15282. Light Breakfast and Lunch Included.
- Small Business “Management Education Series” Presented By Woodforest National Bank. Wednesday, July 26. Workshop Session #4 Record Keeping & Time Management for the Small Business. 11:30am – 1:00pm or 4:30pm – 6:00pm (Complimentary Refreshments Provided). Workshop is free of charge & held at Riverside Center for Innovation First Floor Conference Room 700 River Avenue – Pittsburgh, PA 15212. Please register online at: http://tinyurl.com/dbrc-jul26-am or http://tinyurl.com/dbrc-jul26-pm – July 26
- Davis Consulting Solutions’ inaugural Pittsburgh Collective Community Impact 2017 Forum, in partnership with Point Park University on August 18, 2017. Keynotes Speaker Melinda F. Emerson, America’s #1 Small Business Expert. 10:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. Lawrence Hall Ballroom, 212 Wood Street, Pittsburgh, Pa 15222. – August 18
- Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (HACP), Allies & Ross Management and Development Corporation, and Mistick Construction invite you to Discover Opportunities To Work With HACP. MBE/WBE Outreach Event for two major projects: Northview Heights Mid Rise- July 12, 2017 NorthView Heights Gymnasium 525 Mt. Pleasant Road – Rear Pittsburgh, PA 15214 6 – 8 P.M. Glen Hazel Occupied Units Rehab- July 13, 2017 Glen Hazel Community Room 895 Johnson Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15207 6 – 8 P.M. – July 12th and 13th
- Understanding a Request for Proposal (RFP) July 25, 2017 National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) Pittsburgh, PA 9:00 a.m. – Noon. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Free, pre-registration mandatory, no walk-ins accepted. U.S. citizens only per federal regulations. All registrations must be received by Friday, July 21, 2017. No exceptions. NETL (1501 Wallace Road, South Park, PA 15129) – July 25
- EMSDC’s Annual Youth Entrepreneur Scholarship Golf Outing | Monday, August 7, 2017 from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM EDT | RSVP by July 24 | Fox Chapel Golf Club 426 Fox Chapel Road Pittsburgh, PA 15238 – August 7
- Chief Executive Officer Working Group July 20, 2017 | 9:00am-1:00pm|RSVP by Thursday, July 13 |Constructors Association of Western Pennsylvania 800 Cranberry Woods Drive, Suite 110 | Cranberry Township, PA 16066 – July 20
- Allegheny Lead Safe Homes Program Contractor Training Program – INFORMATIONAL WORKSHOP – 5:30PM – THURSDAY, JULY 13, 2017 RIVERSIDE CENTER FOR INNOVATION – FIRST FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM 700 RIVER AVENUE, PITTSBURGH PA 15212 – July 13th
- FINANCIAL LITERACY SERIES SPONSORED BY CITIZENS BANK – Every Monday, July 10th-31st, Starting @ 5:30pm Riverside Center for Innovation 1st Floor Main Conference Room 700 River Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15212 – July 10th-31st
- HR BASICS FOR STARTUP & SMALL BUSINESSES- 5:30-7:30pm. Energy Innovation Center 1435 Bedford Ave PGH PA 15219. CWBC with Urban Innovation21 and HRT Solutions will cover hiring the right people, attracting talent as a small business, compliance, payroll, and HR basics. Free, registration required.- June 28
BUILD YOUR BUSINESS WORKSHOP 9:30am-12:30pm. Chatham University, Eastside Campus, 6585 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206. Chatham’s Women Business Center in partnership with SCORE Pittsburgh present a Build Your Business Workshop to entrepreneurs interested in starting or expanding their business. – August 12
CONCEPT TO LAUNCH 6:00-8:00pm. Chatham University, Eastside Campus, 6585 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206. “Concept to Launch” is a 6-week entrepreneurial training program for women in the early stages of starting a business, with classes focusing on: developing the business concept, industry and market research and more. $95, Partial Need-Based Scholarships (50%) of the cost are available, supported by Bridgeway Capital – August 16-September 20
THUMBTACK MEMBERSHIP BENEFIT WEBINAR 11:30am-12:30pm. We have an exciting new opportunity for members through a free partnership with the project website Thumbtack! The partnership will allow a pilot group of members to view, bid on, and secure projects for professionals in our area for free. – June 27
- CEIR Working Group monthly meeting -11am. We meet second Monday of each month at the Black Political Empowerment Project (B-PEP) headquarters in the Freedom Unlimited building, 2201 Wylie Ave (15219) – July 10
- DBRC – Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh – Book a Librarian – Business Assistance – 4th Tuesday of each Month
- 2017 CEIR Conference update: Monday, June 22nd. Corporate Equity and Inclusion Roundtable at Duquesne University
- Power Center Ballroom 7:30 AM to 11:45 AM, click to RSVP – June 22
- AACCWP PowerBreakfast Meeting at Rivers Club 7:30am – 9:00am, call to confirm – June 23
- Celebrate #1BillionInChange live lending at Kiva Pittsburgh Pitch Fest! 6-8pm at Alloy 26. Free, but RSVP Required – June 26
- Redevelopment Authority Allegheny County – Allegheny Lead Safe Homes Contractor Training Program Workshop – July 2017
- GACO Seminar – Prime and Subcontractor Relationships – How to do Business – June 21
- Chatham’s Women’s Business Center/Urban Innovation 21 – Legal Basics & HR Workshops
- GACO/GCAC Seminar – COSTARS Contracting Program
- May 2017 Crowdfunding Series
- CCAC – MWDBE Procurement Open House – June 13
- 2017 CEIR Annual Conference – June 19
- Getting Down to Business – Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh – Continuing
- North Side Inclusive Innovation 2017 Business Grant Competition – Multiple Dates
Have you registered for the DBRC?
DBRC members receive events and opportunities straight to their inbox! Sign up today.